Because in the end, they are cheaper in the end.
We´ll show you how to save money by buying more expensive fan.
This is an archive article published 09/06/2016. Some information may no longer be up to date and in line with the current state. Please contact us in case of interest.
Let us take one of the most popular AC fans – type 4656N – high quality, reliable, tried and tested over the years. By the way, if you are one of those who believe in: Never change a winning horse, then order Nr. is 9358.
1. Dimensions and power supply are the same – no problem with replacement even in existing device.
2. Power consumption of 4,6W instead of 19W, it is about 75% less. If your device works nonstop (24 hours a day), then this is your moment – order Nr. 180021. Instead of 166,44kWh/year you will pay only for 40,3kWh.
3. Air flow. At lower power consumption, air flow increase is about 10% - 175m3/h instead of 160m3/h.
4. And you will definitely hear the difference – only 42dB(A) and not 47dB(A).
5. Service Life is about 75% higher. 65 000 hours at 40°Cvs. 37 500 hours for common AC fan. It means less maintenance, less service trips – you save kilometres, you save your staff and you can thus also increase the credibility of your device in the eyes of your customers, which is hard to quantify in monetary terms but you save some money for sure.
6. What more can a modern electronics in ACi4420HH do? The speed (3300rpm) and thus also the air flow is independent of the supply voltage (from 195Vac to 265Vac) and even of the power frequency. It’s working at the same speed in 50Hz as well as in 60Hz.
If you buy one even more expensive version, you can save even more. If your device works in a harsh environment with higher moisture we recommend buying ACi4420HHR. In this version, the PCB with electronics is protected against moisture and thus such fan must last longer. Replacement comes later and you can spend money you saved smarter.
Well, this is how engineers think in ebm-papst.
If you are encouraged and sure to change your old AC fan for the new EC one, we will be happy if you send us some negligible fraction of the money saved and we will use it for charity.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.
Date of publishing 09/06/2016. When you issue article on your website, please give its source: https://www.soselectronic.com/articles/ebm-papst/why-is-it-smart-to-buy-expensive-fans-1892
Price was valid on when ordering pcs. If you want to know the current price and availability, request a price offer.
Do you agree with cookies being stored?
Welcome to the SOS electronic website. Before you enter our online world, we would like to ask you to allow us to store cookies on your browser. Your consent will help us view the site without error, measure its performance, and track additional statistics. Apart from that, we can bring you an offer of our products and services, literally tailor-made. We also provide cookies to third parties. However, you are definitely safe with us.