Family of intelligent Uni TFT display modules from Electronic Assembly has ambitions to win the favour of everyone who wants to dedicate only a minimum time for development and to maximally speed up product launch.
Intelligent displays or rather modules of intelligent displays which we know for example from company 4D Systems or FTDI have already won many fans. The new family of Uni TFT from Electronic Assembly can be put into this category. However, it´s not just “another family” with similar features. Uni TFT brings other elements into this segment, which were missing here and with which Electronic Assembly has rich long-term experience. From all that we have, we could highlight mainly 7 interfaces on one module: USB, 2xSPI, 2x I2C a 2x RS232.
Other benefits of Uni TFT:
- RTC (real time clock)
- 16 digital I/O pins, expandable to 128
- 4 analogue inputs, 12-bit
- PWM output, audio amplifier
- SD-card slot
- analogue video input (NTSC/PAL)
- extremely fast rendering (50fps)
- working at temperatures -20 to +70´C and long-term availability
From programming point of view:
- direct support of bar graphs and pie charts
- vectorised character sets (fully scalable)
- object programming (including variables and calculations)
- support of common files: jpg, png, svg (even transparent) wav, mp3,…
- resistive or multi touch PCAP panel (working even through a 4mm glass)
- development environment for Windows
From the above mentioned it is clear that Uni TFT is ideal for industrial applications, where it´s usually necessary to process various (measured) data and to control various peripherals. In these cases, Uni TFT has a chance to become a main control core and HMI (human-machine interface) of the device.
Uni TFT family is still a „hot“ novelty. The first representative is the 5” module EA uniTFT050.