Immediately available TFT modules with capacitive touch panels
Simply applicable graphic platform FTDI EVE simplifies development thanks to immediately-usable display modules with capacitive touch panels.
FTDI „Embedded Video Engine“ (EVE) platform may be familiar to you from our article like „Be in plus with a graphic platform FTDI VM800P “.
FT800, as a powerful graphic platform with minimum requirements for a host MCU will meet your requirements with a high probability. Into the final application, you´ll probably use only the “heart of the system” itself - chip FT800 (supporting resistive touch panels) or chip FT801 (supporting capacitive panels) but for the beginning it´s certainly a good idea to start with a suitable module, which only needs to be switched-on and it´s possible to start writing and evaluating a SW application.
Thanks to ready-made modules series VM801 nothing prevents you from trying this platform in your application.. VM801 series modules are available in 2 variants:
● VM801B - „basic“ module with the FT801 chip, display and accessory circuits. It is a basic module for evaluation of applications. Its main benefit is that you don´t need to design a PCB but you have a well-tried functional unit with a display and also a precise bezel.
● VM801P - „plus“ module with the FT801 and the AtMEGA328P/16MHz microcontroller. A powerful module capable of a standalone operation, also supporting Arduino libraries.
Further, VM801 are available with 4,3“ as well as 5“ displays (480x272 px), both with capacitive touch panel. Modules VM801 are suitable for development, but also for a small-series production, when it´s simpler and cheaper to use such a module than to develop all the hardware portion. Detailed description can be found in the VM801B and VM801P datasheets.
In case of interest in any FTDI products, please contact us at email@example.com.
Advantages / Features:
- ready-made display modules for development, as well as for a target application
- 4,3“ a 5“ display with a capacitive touch panel
- B („basic“) as well as P („plus“) versions
- one chip for a display, audio and a touch control supporting capacitive touch panels
- capacitive touch screen support with up to 5 touches and gesture detection
- hardware engine to recognize touch and track touch movement, which can provide notification for up to 255 touch tags
- 262K colors (6 Red, 6 Green, 6 Blue)
- Programmable interrupt controller providing interrupts to host MPU/MCU