Quectel EC21 and EC25 or how to connect „things“ to Internet via LTE?
Today more and more applications require high data rate transmission. LTE modules can be found not only e.g. in trucks but more and more vehicles are connected through LTE modules to the service centers and sends data for vehicle manufacturers to avoid damages and help new product development.
EC21 is a Multi-Mode LTE CAT1 module from QUECTEL optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. Delivering optimized speeds of 10Mbit/s download and 5M-bit/s uplink, and featuring low-power, low-cost LTE connectivity make it ideally suitable for numerous IoT applications that are not rely on highest speed connectivity but still require the longevity and reliability of LTE networks.
EC25 is a Multi-Mode LTE CAT4 module. It delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates. Targeted for applications requiring high-speed data and backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks to ensure that it can connect even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M and IoT applications such as metering, wearable devices, digital signs, industrial routers, tracking and tracing, fleet management, smart home gateways and even drones.
Both modules are equipped with a GNSS receiver which significantly reduces system complexity.
More than Fast
• Based on Qualcomm´s MDM9x07 platform, ARM7 Cortex-A7 @1.2GHz
• Integration of GPS, Glonass, Beidou and Galileo
• Both Multi-mode LTE and LTE-Only versions
• Pin to Pin compatible with Quectel’s EC20 and UC20
• A single PCB layout for use by all end-product variations
- Maximum data rate of 150Mbps downlink
- Worldwide LTE and UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
- GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environments