On the market, there are many movement detectors based on a PIR sensor. For a simple usage, like for example lighting of a garage entry. Probably, it´s not necessary to use a top quality sensor with exactly defined specification and with wide possibilities of adjustment if you´d like to use it for example for a simple lighting of a garage entry. But a for a frequented corridors, security devices, lighting switching, … it´s surely beneficial if having a detector which we can rely on. Detectors from company Finder belong to such category. Finder offers five basic series:
● 18.01/18.11 - detector with a wide detection angle and a universal assembly with a possibility of an easy selection of a spce to survey. Typ 18.01 is suitable for indoor applications, 18.11 also outdoor.
● 18.21/18.31 - detector for ceilings with a surface or recessed assembly
● 18.41 - detector for hotel or office corridors, up to 30x4m range (depending on a height of a ceiling)
● 18.51 - highly sensitive ceiling type with a square detection pattern (up to 8x8m), suitable for schools, offices and also low activity zones. High sensitivity enables operation in 2 modes - “presence” and “movement”. In this case even a minimum movement, like for example a work on a PC is sufficient to activate the detector. Such a sensitivity can help to prevent for example an unwanted locking of building and activation of alarm, when you already think, that there´s nobody inside (but in fact, somebody is still there :-)).
● 18.61 - specific product for a wall assembly, 180° angle of survey, detects a half-circle with up to 18m diameter.
All types have elements for adjustment - ambient light sensitivity and a switch-on time of a contact (from a last detection). New types - 18.41, 18.51 and 18.61 also have the third adjusting element - sensitivity of the sensor itself. Thanks to them, it´s possible to adjust a detector to meet requirements of a given application. Logic of switching is an “addition”, i.e. if in time of a switched-on contact occurs another detection, the sensor will prolong the switch-on time for the selected time, i.e. no switch-off of the output contact (neither a short one) will occur.
All types are designed for mains applications (96-253VAC) and they have a relay output (10A contact). Contact at types 18.41, 18.51 and 18.61 is also able to switch 400VAC.
Types 18.41, 18.51 and 18.61 are supplied with a rich set of accessories enabling a comfortable and aesthetic mounting as suspended ceiling, recess mounting (for example into a wall) and surface mounting.
Detailed information will provide you the Finder 18.01-31 and Finder 18.41-61 datasheets as well as the Finder 18 flyer (DE) and the attached video.
In case of interest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
professional sensitive detectors of movement and presence
rich set of mounting assembly included
wide possibilities of adjustment
switch-on time 12 sec-35 min
1-500 lx ambient light intervention
adjustment of sensitivity
up to 30 m range (depending on a type)
saves overall costs thanks to a lower count of detectors necessary
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.
Date of publishing 04/10/2014. When you issue article on your website, please give its source: https://www.soselectronic.com/en/articles/finder/finder-detectors-finder-will-detect-you-even-if-you-don-t-move-1509
Price was valid on when ordering pcs. If you want to know the current price and availability, request a price offer.
Do you agree with cookies being stored?
Welcome to the SOS electronic website. Before you enter our online world, we would like to ask you to allow us to store cookies on your browser. Your consent will help us view the site without error, measure its performance, and track additional statistics. Apart from that, we can bring you an offer of our products and services, literally tailor-made. We also provide cookies to third parties. However, you are definitely safe with us.