● plier cutters (for example, 1490491-1 or 1116571-1)
● common two-core cable (for example, with cross section of 0,33mm2 to 0,52mm2) or individual single-core cables with similar cross section
– outer cable diameter can be from 5,6mm to 7,4mm
● connector TE Connectivity series CoolSplice - 293545-2 – we have chosen this one because we heard that:
1. connectors from this producer are really top (we did not want to risk the failure due to incorrect choice of connector)
2. this one has an extra cover IP65 / IP67 – it is filled with gel
3. it is transparent – great visual connection check
4. it can withstand temperatures from -40°C to +85°C
5. it can withstand current up to 5A at 600VAC resp. 400VDC
First trial didn’t work.
Colleague dedicated to quick work didn’t need pliers as he already had the short cable ready – obviously, it has two ends. He quickly inserted one cable end into one end of the connector and the other cable end in the second end of the connector and pushed the buttons. Colleague with stopwatch didn’t even used them.
We exchanged a colleague that failed with stopwatch. This time, everything went smoothly. Quick colleague prepared short cable again. He inserted it, pushed and that was it. 6 seconds. Visual check determined no error.
Second colleague with stopwatches admitted after a week that he forgot to use the stopwatch – he just pretended everything is OK and reported the time that was just his estimate. He’s not working in our company anymore, but the myth will remain busted forever.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.
Samples for 5 testers for free!
Competition with the following question has been published here:
The correct answer was:
We have drawn the following winners:
Balazs Adorjan [HU]
Karel Kreysa [CZ]
Zbynek Majer [CZ]
Klaus AKKU Büttner [DE]
Ludovit Hrudka [SK]
Congratulations to winners. We´ll inform them by e-mail.
Date of publishing 11/06/2015. When you issue article on your website, please give its source: https://www.soselectronic.com/en/articles/te-connectivity/te-connectivity-fun-but-real-we-busted-the-myth-haste-makes-waste-1785
Price was valid on when ordering pcs. If you want to know the current price and availability, request a price offer.
Do you agree with cookies being stored?
Welcome to the SOS electronic website. Before you enter our online world, we would like to ask you to allow us to store cookies on your browser. Your consent will help us view the site without error, measure its performance, and track additional statistics. Apart from that, we can bring you an offer of our products and services, literally tailor-made. We also provide cookies to third parties. However, you are definitely safe with us.