IoT module by Wiznet based on RP2040 and W6100 with Ethernet interface
Internet connectivity specialist Wiznet has launched a compact development platform with Ethernet connectivity, W6100-EVB-Pico, based on the popular ARM MCU RP2040.
It is a very attractive ready2use solution suitable for various Internet of Things projects, mobile and wearable devices with requirements for low energy consumption, minimal costs, and a short period needed for start of production (SOP).
Pavel Kováč, product specialist from SOS electronic, says: "The IoT module Wiznet W6100-EVB-Pico is a combination of the very popular MCU RP2040 and a fully integrated HW TCP/IP controller of the latest generation. It basically works the same way as the Raspberry Pi Pico development board, but with additional Ethernet using the Wiznet W6100 control chip. It is very cost-effective and mainly, a ready-made solution for embedded IoT devices.
Our article, W6100 is ready for IPv6, provides more detailed information about the Wiznet W6100 HW chip with an Internet driver, which solves the issue of the lack of IP addresses in IPv4.
Key features of the Wiznet W6100-EVB-Pico development board:
- MCU RP2040 with 2 MB Flash
- dual-core Cortex M0+ with a frequency of up to 133 MHz
- 264 kB of internal SRAM
- external Quad-SPI Flash with eXecute In Place (XIP)
- high-performance full-crossbar bus fabric
- 30 multifunctional IO for general use (4 can be used for ADC)
- 1,8 – 3,3 V IO voltage (NOTE: Pico IO voltage is fixed at 3,3 V.)
- 12-bit 500 ksps analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Various digital peripherals
- 2 × UART, 2 × I2C, 2 × SPI, 16 × PWM channels
- 1 × timer with 4 WDT, 1 × counter in real time
- 2 × programmable IO (PIO) blocks, altogether 8 state machines
- flexible, user-programmable high-speed IO
- it can emulate interfaces like SD card and VGA
- It contains Wiznet W6100 chip
- It supports HW Internet protocols: TCP, UDP, IPv6, IPv4, ICMPv6, ICMPv4, IGMP, MLDv1, ARP, PPPoE
- It supports 8 independent sockets simultaneously with 32 kB memory
- internal 16 kB memory for TX/RX buffer memories
- SPI interface
- micro-USB B port for power and data (and for Flash reprogramming)
- 40 pin 21 x 51 'DIP' style 1 mm thick PCB with 0,1" pins with through-hole pins also with SMD pads
- 3-pin port ARM Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- built-in 10/100 ethernet PHY
- It supports automatic handshaking
- full/half duplex
- built-in RJ45 (RB1-125BAG1A)
- built-in LDO (LM8805SF5-33V)
Wiznet W6100-EVB-Pico’s hardware specification:
We have included the development board for W6100 with Raspberry Pi RP2040, W6100-EVB-Pico, in our stock offer and it is immediately available for all your projects.
Are you interested in more information about Wiznet products or technical advice on choosing a suitable solution? Or do you have another question or request? Please fill out the following form, we will be happy to help you.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.