Microcontrollers with USB interface are common, but…
FTDI.FT-X series USB to serial bridges can be still reasonable option even for today.
- USB to serial port interface chips with speeds up to 3.4Mbit/s.
- Speed-up of development and minimum external components required.
- 13 chip/package options supporting: UART, I2C, SPI, FIFO and FTDI FT1248 interface.
- Detection of connection to DCP (Dedicated Charging Port) USB port.
- Low power – typically 8mA active / 125uA suspend.
- Low pin count and small footprints.
- Configurable CBUS pins.
- Internal memory, storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration programmable via USB or I2C.
- Bus-powered (5V) or self-powered (3,3V).
- -40 °C to +85 °C extended operational temperature range.