EA DOG displays – top-class classic
If you´re searching for a thin display with a minimum power consumption and a very good legibility even in direct sunlight, then don’t overlook the EA DOG series displays from Electronic Assembly.
EA DOG series is already on the market for several years and it looks like it’s going to be like that for many more.. Not only because Electronic Assembly already guarantees a long-term availability of their products for a long time but also because of the act that EA DOG series combines the best features of classic monochromatic displays.
Display from EA DOG series is actually a Cog (chip on glass) display, i.e. an LCD display in various versions (STN, FSTN, reflective, transflective,...) with a controller assembled directly on the glass. Apart from the fact that the “glasses” are made using a top-class technology and they provide the best imaging available from these technologies, they have 2 more exceptionalities:
1) display pins hold the display in the desired position after soldering to a PCB, and except for special applications with high vibrations, there´s no need to fix them by any other way.
2) Transmissive and transflective displays requiring backlight can be combined with a wide scale of separately available backlight modules (colour, white and RGB), so you can make your own combinations of “glass + backlight”
Character and graphic displays of the „S“, „M“, „L“ and „XL“ series (EADOGS, EADOGM,...) can be found in the EADOG family. The smallest one - EADOGS is suitable even for miniature applications, where there is no room to spare. The newest member in the family of these small displays is the EA DOGS104-A character display (4x10 with a small font or 2x10 with a big font), while the character height can be changed by software. EA DOGS104-A is standardly equipped with 3 character sets (EN, EU, cyrilic).
Free application described in our article, Start with EA DOG displays for free, helps with the selection of a suitable combination display + backlight.
The easiest way how to start the development is to use the EA 9780-3USB development board. Detailed information about particular types is provided in the datasheets at particular types.
In case of interest, please contact us at email@example.com.
Advantages/ Features of EA DOG series:
- displays are unusually thin
- they have a very low power consumption in the order of 100´s of uA (without backlight)
- reflective types are well legible even without backlight and in direct sunlight
- simple communication via 4/8 bit, SPI or newly also I2C interface
- 1x8 - 2x16 - 3x16 for +5V or +3.3V power supply
- 4x10/2x10 - 4x20 for +3.3V
- Graphic 102x32 .. 240x128 for +3.3V