With ControlCenter or SensorViewer software, and Sensirion evaluation kits, you can start the development with mass flow meters for gases and liquid flow meters straight away.
SFM3200AW, SFM3300AW (D), SFM3400AW (D)
These mass flow meters don’t have connectors. Instead of them, there are golden pads on the PCB.
You will need a mass flow meter of your choice and EK-F3x-CAP adapter that connects to gold pads through spring-loaded pins and converts the I2C interface to USB.
Data is visualised by SensorViewer; the configuration procedure is given in the quick start guide.
SFM5400 and SFC5400
You will need an EK-F5x kit that contains RS485 to USB converter cable, power supply adapter and viewer software.
Liquid Flow Meters
Sensirion offers evaluation kits for selected models from SLI, SLS, SLG, SLQ series and SLF3S-1300F and LD20.
Evaluation kits for LS and LG series are not available; however, you can use SLx flow meter kit instead of it.
Sensirion Evaluation Kit for Liquid Flow Meters
1. SLG-0150, (LG16-0150): FlowMeterKit SLG150
2. SLI-0430, (LG16-0430): FlowMeterKit SLI-0430
3. SLI-1000, (LG16-1000): FlowMeterKit SLI-1000
4. SLI-2000, (LG16-2000): FlowMeterKit SLI-2000
5. SLS-1500, (LS32-1500): FlowMeterKit SLS-1500
6. SLQ -QT500: FlowMeterKit SLQ-QT500
7. SLF3S-1300F: FlowMeterKit SLF3S-1300F
8. LD20-2600B: LD20 connectivity kit
SLF3x and LD20 liquid flow meters use SF06 chip; all others are based on SF04 chip.
Liquid flow meter kit for SLI, SLS, SLG, or SLQ Series
- One of the available liquid flow meter of your choice
- A basic set of fittings
- SCC1-USB cable which includes an I2C/USB converter for connection to a PC
- SCC1-Analog cable (marked with red sleeve) which converts measured values to output voltage 0 to 10V
Evaluation Kit for the SLF3x Series
Find all development kits and accessories in one place.
- Try to avoid strong mechanical shocks in order to avoid internal components being dislodged or the fluid seals being compromised.
- We recommend using the tubing and fluid connectors with at least the same inside diameter as the capillary diameter.
- Start testing the sensor horizontally mounted. This is the orientation it has been calibrated in.
- After the measurement, rinse the sensor with deionized water, then acetone and finally IPA, blow it out with air or let it dry freely. Do not use acetone to clean the LD20 series sensors. Always store the sensor clean and dry.
- If the sensor drifts, rinse it with acetone or IPA (possibly several times) or try to store it overnight with the sensor flow channel filled with acetone. Never mechanically clean the flow channel.
Please, check our assortment of SENSIRION products in the “Development Tools” category.
We are an authorized distributor, and therefore, we can also provide technical advice directly with the manufacturer and samples necessary for your development.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.