Verified and Improved Differential Pressure Sensors
Sensirion SDP800 series sensors are the reliable solution for precise air flow measurement in most demanding but cost sensitive HVAC applications, such as VAV controllers, burners, heat recovery ventilation systems and filter monitoring.
The SDP800 sensor series is the result of more than 15 years of experience in measuring the air flow to millions of HVAC systems, car engines and respiratory devices. It consequently utilizes the successful features of the SDP600 series and can easily be integrated due to its proven form factor. The next generation CMOSens® sensor chip offers extended functionality.
SDP800 and 810 with I2C interface:
• continuous (2kHz update rate for differential pressure) and triggered measurement mode
• average of the measured values till read in continuous mode
• user selectable temperature compensation for both differential pressure and for mass flow
• sleep mode with current consumption 1uA max.
SDP806 and 816 with analog interface:
• pin selectable ratiometric (relative to supply voltage) analog voltage output (linear or square root)
• temperature compensation for mass flow.
While the SDP800 and 806 are designed for the direct connection to a pressure manifold via O-ring sealing, the SDP810 and 816 are designed for the tube connection.
Sensirion’s EK-P5 evaluation kit provides a straightforward and cost-effective option for testing the differential pressure sensors of the SDP800 series. There is no need to program microcontroller as the evaluation kit is connected directly to a PC. The set consists of a USB stick that is connected to the SDP810-500Pa sensor by an adapter cable. The freely available viewer allows displaying measured values on the screen and additionally provides the option of exporting the data to an Excel datatype.
• HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
• Gas boilers, pellet stoves and fuel cells
• Filter Monitoring
• VAV (Variable Air Volume) control
• Heat recovery ventilation
• Medical (e.g. respiratory devices)
- Highest sensitivity at low differential pressures
- 2000 measurements/second
- Analog and I2C output option
- No offset, no zero-point drift, hysteresis free
- Outstanding accuracy, long-term stability and repeatability (even below 1 Pa)
- Pressure range ±125 Pa and ±500 Pa
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated for -20° C to +85°C range
- For air and non-aggressive gases
- Suited for standard wave soldering