Lithium-thionyl chloride cells (Li-SoCl2) have a metallic lithium anode (the lightest of all the metals) and a liquid cathode comprising a porous carbon current collector filled with thionyl chloride (SOCl2). They deliver a voltage of 3.6 V and are cylindrical in shape, in 1/2AA to D format, with spiral electrodes for power applications and bobbin construction for prolonged discharge.
Lithium thionyl chloride batteries are the non-chargeable primary batteries with the highest voltage and energy, longest storage, and the least self-discharge rate. These batteries are ideal for such long-term applications as power source for electronic devices and AMR (water, heat and gas meters), and especially as a backup power source for memory ICs.
• High cell voltage: The battery has an open-circuit voltage of 3.67V and an operating voltage of 3.60V, which are considerably higher than in any other commercially available primary batteries.
• Wide operating temperature range: The battery is capable of operation in a wide temperature range, normally from -60°C to +85°C. Even special version with an extended temperature range up to +150°C is available.
• High energy density: The electrochemical system exhibits the highest energy density of any available primary battery, up to 650Wh/kg and 1280Wh/L.
• Long operating life and superior shelf life: The self-discharge of Li/SOCl2 battery is extremely low (less than 1% per year at 20°C), which results in a long storage periods and a service life of up to 10-20 years.
• Excellent safety: The complete line of products is recognized and regularly supervised by Underwriters Laboratories, and meet UN transportation test requirements.
• Hermetically sealed case: The hermetically sealed case is essential for the long shelf life and inherent safety of the devices in which the batteries are used. The cover is welded to the can. A glass-to-metal seal is used to insulate the positive terminal. A safety vent is used on the negative terminals for spiral type.
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.
Date of publishing 07/31/2018. When you issue article on your website, please give its source: https://www.soselectronic.com/en/articles/eve-energy/yet-unrivalled-battery-life-li-socl2-batteries-from-eve-2204
Price was valid on when ordering pcs. If you want to know the current price and availability, request a price offer.
Do you agree with cookies being stored?
Welcome to the SOS electronic website. Before you enter our online world, we would like to ask you to allow us to store cookies on your browser. Your consent will help us view the site without error, measure its performance, and track additional statistics. Apart from that, we can bring you an offer of our products and services, literally tailor-made. We also provide cookies to third parties. However, you are definitely safe with us.