Wiznet, Internet connectivity specialist, has launched three interesting modules with ETH/WiFi connectivity based on the popular ARM MCU RP2040. These affordable solutions are suitable for various Internet of Things projects, mobile and wearable devices with requirements for low energy consumption, minimal costs, and a short time for start of production (SOP).
Pavel Kováč, the product specialist from SOS electronic, has prepared a brief overview of all three Wiznet modules along with their main features.
3 Wiznet single-chip solutions for IoT applications
The Raspberry Pi RP2040-based module adds Wi-Fi connectivity using the WizFi360 module. It is pin-compatible with the Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040 and can be used to develop wireless IoT solutions.
Another module based on Raspberry Pi RP2040 and TCP/IP W5500 hardware controller. It basically works the same way as the Raspberry Pi Pico development board, but with additional Ethernet via W5500.
The third one is a module based on the Raspberry Pi RP2040 and the fully wired TCP/IP controller W5100S. It works just like the Raspberry Pi Pico board, but with additional Ethernet via the W5100S chip.
All three Wiznet modules share the same PCB size and pinout layout – 40 pins 21×51 ‘DIP’ style 1mm thick PCB with 0.1″ through-hole pins also with edge castellations.
Main and common features of Wiznet modules:
- RP2040 microcontroller with 2MByte Flash
- Dual-core MCU Cortex M0+ at up to 133MHz
- 264kByte multi-bank high-performance SRAM
- 16M-bit Flash Memory
- External Quad-SPI Flash with eXecute In Place (XIP)
- High-performancece full-crossbar bus fabric
- 30 multi-functional General Purpose IO (4 can be used for ADC)
- 1.8-3.3V IO Voltage (Pico IO voltage is fixed at 3.3V)
- 12-bit 500ksps Analogue to Digital Converter (ADC)
- Various digital peripherals
- 2 × UART, 2 × I2C, 2 × SPI, 16 × PWM channels
- 1 × Timer with 4 alarms, 1 × Real Time Counter
- 2 × Programmable IO (PIO) blocks, 8 state machines in total
- Flexible, user-programmable high-speed IO
- Can emulate interfaces such as SD Card and VGA
- WiFi/LAN interface (W5100 or W5500 chip)
- 3-pin ARM Serial Wire Debug (SWD) port
- Built-in LDO
You can find the mentioned single-chip modules (SCM) from Wiznet with Raspberry Pi RP2040 in our stock product range. Detailed technical and other information about these products is available directly on our website.
Are you interested in more information about Wiznet products or technical advice when choosing a product? Or do you have another question or request? Please fill out the following form, we will be happy to help you.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.