Sorting MCS series connectors by dimensions:
1. MCS MICRO Series
- These are the most compact connectors with pin spacing 2,5 mm, ideal for limited space, conductor cross-sections from 0,08 mm² up to 0,5 mm². Maximum current 6 Amps. The nominal voltage for overvoltage category III and 3rd degree of pollution is 80V for PCB connectors and 100V for cable connectors.
- Possible connections: wire-to-board and wire-to-wire. Number of poles from 2 up to 12
- Colour: light grey, but the THR versions are black. Black is typical for almost all Wago THR solutions within MCS.
- Conductor cross-sections from 0,08 mm² up to 1,5 mm². Maximum current 10 Amps. The nominal voltage for overvoltage category III and 3rd degree of pollution is 160V.
- Two-pin spacings can be easily distinguished by colour. The metric 3,5 mm is grey, and the imperial 3,81 mm is orange. These two colours help identify metric and imperial pitches for WAGO in general.
- Regarding the technologies, there are connectors with CAGE CLAMP – without pushbuttons and then with PUSH-IN CAGE CLAMP. Gray connectors have orange pushbuttons, and orange connectors come with grey pushbuttons.
- This series offers different versions - with locking lever, with screw flange even with snap-in feet for DIN-Rail mounting
- Series MCS MINI HD is black, with two rows and with CAGE CLAMP technology
- Series MCS MINI SL is black too, but single row and with “PUSH-IN CAGE CLAMP” technology (black with orange pushbuttons. This series is very slim - only 7,8 mm.
3. MCS MIDI, MCS MIDI Classic Series
- MCS MIDI is with pin spacing 5 and 7,5 mm – 100% protected against mismating
- MCS MIDI Classic with “all four” pin spacing - 5/5,08 and 7,5/7,62 mm (and we already know the imperial ones in orange colour)
- Difference between MIDI and MIDI Classic is well visible at male connectors. The housing has two integrated “coding keys” to prevent mismating.
- Conductor cross-sections from 0,08 mm² up to 2,5 mm². The maximum current is 16 Amps.
- MIDI is the most complex series and is available in all possible combinations of male/female, horizontal/vertical, cable/PCB, different locking systems, coding systems, printing/marking and other, There is also THR version in black colour
- There are even versions for DIN-Rail mounting.
4. MCS MAXI 6, MCS MAXI 16 Series
- Here WAGO played with us because MAXI 6 is in imperial pin spacing 7,62 mm, MAXI 16 in imperial 10,16 mm pin spacing and yet they are light grey.
- Cross-sections for MAXI 6 is from 0,5 mm² up to 10 mm² and for MAXI 16 even from 0,75 mm² up to 16 mm². The maximum current is 41 Amps.
- MAXI 16 has an actuation lever (of course in orange colour) because of high forces needed for such a conductor. The fine stranded conductor can have cross-section even 25 mm².
Find the selected types of connectors in our warehouse. The rest can be provided in a short time and under favourable conditions directly from the manufacturer.
Do not miss these articles
Do you like our articles? Do not miss any of them! You do not have to worry about anything, we will arrange delivery to you.